Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Chemistry summer research at NCSU
The NCSU Dept. of Chemistry Summer Internship Program is now accepting applications for the Summer 2013 term! Take the next step in your chemistry career with our research-intensive program for undergraduate students. We welcome all U.S. citizens and permanent residents to apply to become part of our cutting-edge research laboratories. For information on the program and how to apply, see the attached flyer and please visit "http://www.ncsu.edu/chemistry/chemreu/".
NC State is located near the Research Triangle Park, one of the world’s leading research areas and home to GlaxoSmithKline, Environmental Protection Agency, Syngenta, Du Pont, and BASF, to name just a few.
Program Details (subject to minor changes):
- Application deadline, March 1st
- 10 week program, June 1 to Aug 10- Generous stipend (typically $4000 depending on funding availability)
- Free on-campus housing
- Travel assistance available
- Projects are interdisciplinary and can include organic, chemical biology, inorganic, theoretical and physical chemistry
- Take part in a number of training workshops and seminars
- Includes visits to local government agencies and industrial partners
- Get trained with state-of-the-art equipment (NMR, Mass Spec, Laser Facilities, Biological Instrumental Facilities etc.)
- Present your research at a campus wide poster symposium
- Gain valuable communication experience
- In the Summer of 2012 we had participants from a wide range of locales, including Puerto Rico and Guam.