• Health Care fields (e.g. healthcare administration, public health, etc.),
• Administration fields (e.g. business administration, accounting, math, etc.),
• Information Technology fields,
• Social Science fields (e.g. psychology, social work, sociology, etc.),
• Policy fields (Policy field (e.g. public policy, political science, public administration, etc.)
2009 Summer Internship Program (SIP): This is a 12-week program for current students. The purpose of the Summer Intern Program is to enhance students' knowledge about CMS programs, mission, vision and goals. Additionally, the program seeks to familiarize participants about Federal, State, and local health care programs serving underserved and uninsured populations.
Eligible students may be seeking a high school diploma, undergraduate degree, graduate
degree, or doctoral degree.
Deadline is April 3, 2009.
2009 Diversity Summer Internship Program (DSIP): This is a 12-week Summer Internship program for college and university students to enhance students' knowledge about CMS programs, mission, vision and goals.
Deadline: April 9, 2009.
See their website at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/CareersatCMS/02_SpecialHiringPrograms.asp for applications to the above programs as well as descriptions of other programs available to individuals with an interest in health care.